Urgent Pet Care in Oakland, CA
At Broadway Pet Hospital, we provide exceptional urgent care to pets during our regular business hours.
When coming in for an urgent care appointment, please note:
- We only offer these services to current patients.
- We do not accept walk-ins. You must call us to schedule an urgent care appointment.
- We do not have urgent care appointments available on Sundays.
- We offer an after-hours calling service through GuardianVets, which will help you determine if your pet needs to be taken to an emergency vet.
When your pet is in need of urgent care, please call (510) 653-0212 so we get the care your pet needs.
When Does Your Pet Need Urgent Care
Recognizing that your pet needs urgent care isn’t always easy. A good rule of thumb is that if you notice any significant change in your pet’s behavior, it’s best to call your veterinarian. We’ll be able to assess their situation over the phone and give you guidance on whether or not they need to see a doctor. Otherwise, there are some clear signs that your pet needs urgent care. Contact us if you see any of the following:
- Difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Blood in vomit, stool, or urine
- Suspected fracture
- Ingestion of a known toxin
- Eye injuries
- Confrontation with another animal
- Lack of appetite
- Straining to urinate (particular to male cats)