Cat & Dog Surgeries in Oakland, CA
Surgery makes a common appearance in almost every pet’s life, but that doesn’t make it any less significant. At Broadway Pet Hospital, we treat cat and dog surgeries with the same high standards of care each and every time. Our veterinarians have the skill and experience to perform soft tissue procedures, and when it comes to orthopedics, we have a trusted board-certified surgeon who performs these more complex procedures.
Your Pet’s Safety is Our Top Priority
The success of your pet’s surgery is as important to us as it is to you. We take their safety and comfort very seriously, and have developed extensive protocols to minimize risks. Some of the precautions we take include:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and exam. This step is crucial, especially for older pets. Blood work before anesthesia can alert us to any underlying conditions that can affect their surgery.
- IV catheter. With a catheter, we’re able to supply fluids to your pet to keep them hydrated, regulate their blood pressure, and administer any needed medications easily.
- Complete monitoring. While your pet is under anesthesia, we take care to monitor all their vitals with the best equipment so we can address any changes right away.
- Dedicated technician. Your pet will have a dedicated technician assigned to watch over them from start to finish.
Common Surgical Procedures
Our veterinarians perform a wide range of soft tissue procedures to both correct and prevent certain conditions. Some of these surgeries include:
- Mass/tumor removal
- Spay and neuter
- Cherry eye and other basic eye surgeries
- And more
For more complex orthopedic procedures, a board-certified surgeon visits our hospital to perform the procedures in-house. Common orthopedic procedures include:
- CCL (cranial cruciate ligament) repairs
- Patella luxation repairs
- Fracture repairs
- And more