COVID-19 Information Updated 6/6/2020
Our team at Broadway Pet Hospital cares deeply about the health and safety of our clients, patients and community. As an essential business, we are committed to continuing to provide medical care to our furry patients, while keeping our medical teams and clients safe.
The information below provides details on our approach and the temporary changes we have in place for the mutual safety and well-being of our clients and hospital teams.
Thank you for entrusting us to be your pet’s healthcare provider.
CLIENT Curbside SERVICE
Our hospitals will remain client-free to maintain social distancing. We kindly ask clients to wait in their cars with their pets when arriving for an appointment or to pick up medications. It is very important that you bring your mobile device with you for all appointments and pick ups as this will be the way our staff communicates with you during your visit.
Our staff are currently wearing face masks while in the hospital. You may also notice staff members wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gowns or face shields for additional protection. We ask that all clients bringing their pets to our facility for care wear face coverings as well. Anyone who is exhibiting signs or symptoms or Covid-19, or who has tested positive, is asked to please stay home and have another person accompany your pet to their appointment.
We continue to clean and disinfect the hospital routinely while also increasing personal hygiene practices (i.e. hand washing). We are now utilizing payment options online and via phone to minimize person to person contact.
Maintaining social distancing can be difficult when providing care to patients. As a result, our teams have been sub-divided into teams, or small working groups, per shift to minimize exposure. This ensures our larger team stays safe, and will be here for you, even if a limited exposure does occur. Less staff in the hospital can result in longer wait times for visits and to be helped via phone. We appreciate your patience and understanding while our staff works hard to provide exceptional and safe care for your furry family members.
What to Expect When Visiting Our Hospitals:
MEDICATION REFILLS / Food Orders
- We are offering curbside pick up for all medication refills and pet food orders.
- Please call or text the hospital upon arrival, they will collect payment online or over the phone and bring the medications to the pick-up table outside our front door.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for all refills
- Upon arrival, please park in the front parking lot and call or text the front desk.
A team member will check you in.
- Next, you will receive a call from a technician who will obtain a patient history over the phone.
- When the staff is ready to bring your pet inside, we will ask that you meet us outside (wearing a face covering)
- Dogs: We ask clients to get out of their car and meet us on the sidewalk. We will use our own leash to bring your pet inside.
- Cats: Please hand the carrier to a team member.
- If your pet needs a gurney or any special assistance, please let us know.
- You will receive a call to discuss examination findings and treatment recommendations along with pricing.
- We will ask for verbal consent to perform the recommended treatments. Deposits may be required for certain procedures.
- Once the final invoice is complete, we will send a link for online payment (if you prefer phone or cash payments please let us know)
- Once payment has been received and your pet’s treatment is complete, a team member will bring them back to your vehicle.
EMERGENCY PATIENTS AND WAIT TIMES
- We are currently experiencing high volumes and extended wait times during peak days/times. This often includes evenings and weekends.
- Emergencies can rapidly evolve, as with human hospitals, we triage our patients based on their critical needs. This can impact your wait time. Emergencies are not treated on a first come, first served basis.
- Our hospitals provide scheduled appointments in addition to emergencies. As a result, you may see other pets coming and going for routine appointments.
- It can be hard to imagine what is happening inside the hospital, but please know we are moving as fast as we safely can.
- If you need to step away from the hospital during your visit, please speak to a team member by phone, before leaving.